Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and happens to be my favorite. With so many sweet & savory options, what’s not to love? Lunch is my second favorite, love a good salad. When it comes to dinner however, I prefer to snack on a few healthy things, skip a big dinner all together and wake up with an appetite for a good breakfast.
This White Kidney Beans and Pesto Dip meets all my perfect “dinner-snack” criteria. It’s tasty, filling, nutritious and light. It also requires only 2 ingredients and takes a few minutes to make. For this recipe I used leftover pesto sauce I made for a party, but you can use store bought. I also added about a tablespoon of sliced almonds at the end to add some crunchiness & healthy fats to this dip, but that is optional.
You can enjoy it with crackers or spread it on top of a toasted baguette.
- 1 can 15oz White Kidney Beans (also called cannellini)
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- ¼ cup water
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sliced almond (optional)
- Rinse and drain white kidney beans, place into a small pot and add the water. Slowly bring to a simmer then add pesto sauce.
- Take off heat, add salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency.
- Enjoy with crackers or on top of toasted baguette.