Green smoothies are a staple to many diets these days. They are quick to make, nutritious and tasty. To make them even more nutritious (and more filling) I have added the chia seeds, which pack a load of health benefits as well.
Raspberry mixture on top of the green smoothie adds a more complex & unique flavor to this chia pudding. And adding fresh fruit on top brings even more interest to this meal. You can make it in the evening for a quick & healthy breakfast on-the-go.
You can use store bought Organic Almond Milk if you don’t have time to make it yourself, but I highly recommend making your own. It is very easy to make, delicious and free of any food additives, preservatives and unnecessary packaging that is always present in store bought processed food. You can get a simple recipe here Homemade Almond Milk.
- 2 cups of homemade almond milk
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries (a few fresh ones for topping, optional)
- 4 kale leaves
- 1 ripe banana
- Mango & pomegranate seeds for topping (optional)
- Put 1 cup of almond milk and 1 cup of frozen raspberries into a blender. Pure until smooth, transfer to mason jar and stir in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds. Mix well, close the lid and leave in fridge overnight.
- Add kale, 1 cup of almond milk and 1 ripe banana to blender. Pure until smooth, transfer into a mason jar, stir in chia seeds and mix well. Close the lid and put in fridge over night.
- In the morning spoon green smoothie mixture into a glass and top with fresh berries. I like to add pomegranate and mango chunks to this pudding. Makes about 2 cups.
Ingredients and equipment used in this recipe: