Paleo diet, also called the cavemen diet, has been very popular lately. This diet became popular after the book The Paleo Diet, written by Loren Cordain, PhD, was published. The author claims that by eating like our ancestors we can shed pounds and are less likely to get diabetes, heart disease or cancer.
If you are following the Paleo Diet, you will be expected to eat lots of lean meat, fresh fish, vegetables and fruits. Basically high protein and high fiber. Personally I do not believe in following specific diets, they seem too restricting. However, I like to investigate different diets and take away what I think is the most beneficial part of it. Paleo diet suggest avoiding refined sugars, refined oils, salt and any processed foods, among other things. Taking these foods out of anyone’s diet will be beneficial.
I have compiled a few Paleo breakfast recipes that are diet friendly not only for Paleo followers but are great for vegetarians as well.
Paleo Banana Nut Muffins from www.bakerita.com
2. Paleo Sweet Potato Hash Browns bravoforpaleo.com
3. Paleo Chipotle Taco Breakfast Skillet Bake by www.paleorunningmomma.com
4. Paleo Breakfast Bowls by zenbellycatering.com
5. Paleo Pumpkin Coconut Breakfast Bars by athleticavocado.com
6. Blackberry & Apple Paleo Dutch Baby asaucykitchen.com
7. Paleo BLT Frittata by http://paleogrubs.com/blt-frittata-recipe
8. Brussels Sprouts Breakfast Hash by www.howsweeteats.com
9. Sweet Potato Paleo Muffins by notyourstandard.com
10. Paleo Breakfast Cookies with Kale by foodfaithfitness.com
11. Baked Tomato & Egg Breakfast by fedandfit.com
12. Paleo Mushroom Leek Frittata by jaysbakingmecrazy.com
Do you have any good paleo breakfast recipes to add? Let me know in the comments to be added to the list.