I recently got a chance to work with Hello Fresh and in the process had to make a few of their recipes. One of my favorites was Cheese Tortelloni with kale pesto sauce. I loved their idea of using kale in pesto sauce. So far I could only get my kids to consume kale if it was in their smoothies but they totally gobbled up this tortelloni dish. The cheesy golden-baked bread crumb crust add a delicious touch to this meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 8 oz kale (about 8 leaves)
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 teaspoons veggie stock concentrates
- ½ cup pesto
- 18 oz cheese tortelloni
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Wash and dry kale leaves. Preheat broiler to high or oven to 500 degrees. Mince garlic. Remove stems and chop remaining kale leaves.
- In a large cast iron pan (or any other ovenproof pan) heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil (reserving the rest of the oil for later). Add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds then add kale and sprinkle some water on top. Cook kale until tender, about 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add salt and pepper.
- Add milk, veggie stock concentrate, and pesto to pan and stir to combine.
- Add tortelloni to pan in single layer.
- Bring pesto sauce to boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While tortelloni simmer, combine panko, Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Sprinkle mixture over tortelloni in pan.
- Transfer pan to oven and broil or bake for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
The best part of making it is that you only have to use one pan (oh how I love one pot meals). Also, the dish is very quick to make and since you only use one pot, makes for a super fast cleanup. I am saving this recipe to make over and over again. If you like this meal or would like to try Hello Fresh service you can get $35 off your first order with the code HEALTHYPLATE35.