This recipe was born unexpectedly. One day I was craving something sweet but healthy and wanted to use ingredients that I already have. After an extensive research on google I finally created something with the ingredients I had on hand. The results were surprisingly delicious & I decided to share this recipe with you. (I hope you get the same results!).
Not only is this desert delicious and healthy it is also beautiful & will make you look like a master chef. You will need to soak the raw cashews for about 4 hrs before making this recipe.
When adding raspberry smoothie to the top of the cake use spoon or a knife to swirl it around. The more you swirl the more the color will mix. If you want more of a marble effect, do not stir too much and you will see more white coming through the top, creating more contrast. I got a little carried away swirling here and have more red in it than I anticipated, it doesn’t change the taste of it just the look that you desire.
- Crust ingredients:
- •½ cup raw pecans
- •½ cup almond flour
- •2 pitted dates
- •2 tablespoons coconut oil
- •1 teaspoon cinnamon
- •¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cheesecake ingredients:
- •2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- •¾ cup maple syrup
- •½ cup melted cacao butter
- •4 drops vanilla extract
- •2 tsp vanilla paste
- •1 cup coconut/almond milk
- •Pinch of salt
- •¾ cup melted coconut oil
- •2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- •raspberry smoothie (1 cup raspberries, half a beetroot and one banana blended with water until smooth)
- Line a cake pan with strips of parchment paper for easy removal, and grease well with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the pecans, almond flour, pitted dates, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulverize until it comes together into a form of sticky dough. Press the pecan date dough evenly along the bottom of the prepared pan & set aside.
- Drain the cashews and rinse thoroughly. Blend cashews, maple syrup, cacao butter, vanilla extract, vanilla paste, coconut/almond milk & pinch of salt in high- speed blender until smooth. Slowly add the coconut oil and blend until completely combined. Spread the cream evenly on top of the crust.
- Gently press whole raspberries into the cheesecake layer, with some scattered on top. Pour drops of raspberry smoothie on top and use the back of a spoon to swirl around. Freeze overnight to set.
- Take the slice out of the freezer around 30 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Get your ingredients here: