Now that spring is officially here and summer heat is just around the corner. It’s time to get ready for some cooling desserts. I have been seeing a ton of no-bake dessert ideas on pinterest and have decided to make these cute frozen nuts and berry frozen cakes.
These are pretty easy to make. There are 3 layers and all you have to do is mix the ingredients for each layer and add them to the muffin tin in order (see recipe below). This is the first layer.
This is the second layer.
And this is the final, 3rd layer. I used blackberries for this recipe but you can substitute for raspberries or other berries you like.
Freeze for a few hours and voila…your refreshing, healthy dessert is ready!
- For the crust
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup of nuts almonds
- ½ cup goji berries
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
For the filling
- 10 ounces raw cashews (soaked for a few hours)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1.5 packages of frozen blackberries
*Strips of parchment paper, to take out the cakes once they are frozen.
- In Vitamix any food processor blend the dates, nuts, goji berries and shredded coconut. Place strips of parchment paper into muffin pan and spoon the mixture, pressing firmly.
- Next, blend cashes with lemon juice, lemon extract, honey and coconut cream. Distribute the mixture evenly over the first layer.
- Lightly blend 1 package of frozen blackberries in blender. Add a 3rd, and last, layer to each cake. Top with renaming blackberries for decoration.
- Put in a freezer for 1 to 2 hours.
Appliances and ingredients used in this recipe can be found on amazon. For your convenience the links below are included.