I love this salad because it is a full meal complete with protein, nutrients and good carbs. It is flavorful and satisfying not just for lunch but for dinner as well. It also makes a great lunch to bring with you to work, the ingredients keep fresh for a while, as long as you reserve mixing in the dressing until ready to eat.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 can of navy beans (rinsed)
- 2 tomatoes
- ⅕ pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons of lemon-garlic vinaigrette (or your favorite light dressing)
- 1 tablespoon of capers (optional)
- Boil fingerling potatoes (in slightly salted water) until fork tender. Once done, take off heat and when they are cool enough to handle, cut into bite size pieces.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop lettuce, slice tomatoes and eggs. Add to a bowl and top with potatoes, navy beans and capers (optional). Sprinkle with the dressing of your choice & mix together.