This is my and my kids favorite breakfast. I make it for my family almost every Sunday. These pancakes are small, light and could be served with homemade jam or maple syrup. This is my grandmas recipe and are a traditional Ukrainian breakfast.
Lots of berries on top make this breakfast irresistible.
- ¼ cup of kefir
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ¾ cup of flour
- ½ baking soda
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1tbs of butter (to butter the pan)
- Mix wet ingredients first, kefir and the beaten egg, in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Then pour the kefir & egg mixture into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix together.
- Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat and drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. You may need to butter the pan before each batch.
- Enjoy with yogurt and homemade jam or maple syrup.