Many of us don’t have time to cook a homemade tomato sauce from scratch during the busy weekdays. I used to rely on jar sauce for a quick midweek dinner. However, I have been trying to stay away from processed foods as much as possible. Jarred tomato sauce is usually loaded with too much sodium and other preservatives. But luckily, there is a quick way to add tomatoes to your pasta and make light and quick version of tomato sauce.
- 6 ounces of gluten free pasta
- ½ cup organic olive oil
- 2 pints grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (cut up into small pieces)
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves (cut into small strips)
- 3 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up olive oil in a dutch oven. Add tomatoes, salt, and ½ cup basil leaves. Cover and cook until tomatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to the sauce, then add mozzarella cheese and the rest of the fresh basil leaves. If you don't want your mozzarella cheese to melt, wait for the sauce and pasta to cool first.
Get the products used in this recipe delivered to your door from amazon.