Chia seeds have definitely become the “it” seed of the social media lately. It’s hard to ignore these tiny, yet unbelievably nutritious, seeds as a great source of Omega-3s, protein and fiber. I have been very happy to join the craze and discover many different recipes. Although I mainly stuck to adding them to salads, smoothies and overnight chia puddings, this time I tried a dessert recipe. Adding two of my favorite things…chocolate and raspberries.
Essentially, in this recipe you are making 2 separate chia puddings and then combining them together for a mega-tasty and mega-healthy dessert.
- 2 cups of homemade almond milk
- 6 squares of dark chocolate
- ½ cup of frozen raspberries (a few fresh ones for topping)
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- In a saucepan melt 4 squares of chocolate on very low heat and add 1 cup of almond milk stirring until well combined. Put to the side to cool.
- While the chocolate mixture is cooling, add the raspberries and 1 cup of almond milk to a blender and puree until smooth. Once it's done, pour the mixture into a mason jar and stir in 3 tbs of chia seeds, cover with a lid and put into the fridge overnight.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, pour it into a mason jar and stir in 3 tbsp of the chia seeds. Put into fridge overnight.
- Once raspberry & chocolate puddings are ready (chia seeds will absorb all the moisture, if too thick, just add more almond milk) spoon chocolate pudding into 2 glasses. Top with raspberry pudding, grated chocolate and fresh raspberries.
You can purchase some of the ingredients for this recipe straight from the amazon links below.