These tiny bites of deliciousness are the ultimate guilt-free dessert or a snack. Packed with nutrients, these crunchy bundles are refined sugar-free yet full of flavor. The sweetness comes from berries, coconut flakes and raw cacao.
They are also very easy to make and require only 5 ingredients, which you probably have in your pantry already. You can use raw almonds but toast them lightly prior to making this recipe. (Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spread almonds in single layer on a cookie sheet or baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.)
After you are done toasting almonds, do the same with coconut flakes. Heat the oven to 350°F, spread coconut evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.
While your almonds and coconut flakes are toasting you can start preparing the cacao & coconut oil mixture.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of almonds (lightly toasted)
- ½ cup coconut flakes (lightly toasted)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- edible flowers for decoration (optional)
- Put the coconut oil and cacao in a medium saucepan and stir briefly over low heat until smooth.
- While the mixture is still warm but no longer on the heat of the stove, add almonds, coconut flakes and blueberries.
- Spoon ½ teaspoon of the mixture onto a baking tray lines with parchment paper. Top with edible flowers if you have them.
- Place in the freezer for a few hours (or in fridge overnight).
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or keep frozen longer.