With another year closing behind, many of us will make New Year resolutions what include some sort of a diet, weight loss or exercise. I have decided not to wait but actually meet the New Year with a healthier dessert
- 1lb Organic Strawberries (washed & dried well)
- 1 Bag of Semisweet Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- Parchment Paper
- Melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.
- Once the chocolates are melted, line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- Let cool for 30 minutes or put in refrigerator to cool faster.
alternative Homemade Organic Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
I am planning to bring these with me to New Year’s Eve party to make sure there is a healthy option for me to snack on. Also, these go perfect with champagne for that midnight clink.
These are super easy to make and will look very impressive when you bring them to a party and not just for New Years. These delicious treats would make a great snack for any gathering or a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. Who doesn’t like beautiful and tasty Organic Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
Also, if you are hosting, you can make these up to 2 days ahead. They look so fancy and add color & elegance to any kitchen.